Alameda County has many window tint installation providers, so choosing the perfect one for your project is hard. You may wish to get your SUV’s windows tinted for visual appeal or safety reasons. Tints protect everyone in the car from UV rays. They are also very costly, so you will need to consider many aspects before you get one.
Consider professionals for installation
You may be a DIY fan but it can turn out to be messy. Window tinting needs skills. While you install, it is necessary to look for dirt under film and specs. If you notice something it needs instant fixing because when film dries, it will be very difficult to fix it. Window tinting in Hayward is popular because the staff understands every aspect regarding high-quality tints.
You can and ask several window tint installers the following questions to weed out the suitable one.
- What kinds of film do you carry? – Reputable installer will offer minimum one film manufacturer’s total film lineup.
- Can I see a couple of samples? – It gives an idea of their work.
- What is your experience? – Experience means the installer is familiar with ins and outs of window tinting.
- Do you offer free quotes? – It helps to shop around, so as to compare prices and their services or get a good deal.
Kinds of car window tint films
Get familiar with four main kinds of car tint films. All have common basic ingredient polyester. Increase in polyester thickness means darker the window tint.
- Dyed film – This common tint film type is layered heat absorbing and visibility reducing dye. Heat, which penetrates evaporates before it enters the car.
- Metalized film – Thin metal layer is used to reflect light away and at the same time absorb heat and radiation. Metallic film performs well but hinders GPS, radio, and mobile phone functions. In addition, the exterior looks shiny, which several drivers find bothersome.
- Hybrid film – It is a combination of metalized and dyed films. Therefore, it absorbs heat as well as reflects light simultaneously. It absorbs less heat in comparison to traditional dyed film and lot paler.
- Ceramic film – Rather breakthrough innovation, which has no dyes and will not discolor overtime.
Know state laws
Before getting the tint-job done, check state laws or you can get penalized. Tint percentage for cars vary and is based on your vehicle model and kinds of mirror you wish to have tinted. For back mirrors low percentage is allowed. However, the professional tint installers will be aware but never depend on anyone, perform you own research.