Scrap car is a term that refers to the cars that have turned to scrap and can no longer be used. Cash for cars is a part of the process where the cars are dismantled for scrap materials or spare parts. A car turns into a scrap either after an accident or after certain period of time when it starts emitting harmful gases in large amounts and pollute the environment. Cash for scrap cars has since become a popular and common business in the automotive industry. It promotes social responsibility and environmental protection. Cars are mostly made of steel can wear out after running on roads for a longer period but the accessories and spare parts of the car can fetch a lot of cash.
Car removal – when should you get rid of your car?
An old car removal totally depends on what type of cars you own. If you own a diesel car then your car is considered as scrap once it becomes older than 10 years. If you own a car that runs on petrol then the car becomes scrap after 15 years. It is illegal to drive around cars that are older than that without a valid RC. RTOs have stopped giving fitness certificates to these cars and have also stopped re-registering them. A fitness certificate states the emission and health of a car.
Scrap car removal process
Since the government hasn’t established a set of rules that apply specifically as one, all over the country, process for scrap car removal can differ in accordance to a state or RTO. Although, the general steps are as follows:
- The owner of the car should submit an application that states scrapping of the car.
- The owner should surrender chassis plate and RC to the RTO.
- The RTO will then check for any standing balance (loan, challan, and lease), once all the documents are verified, the car is declared as scrap and removed from the RTO records.
In case of car wrecks, you still have to de-register before you can sell it for scrap.
Damage car removal benefits
If you have an old, unwanted car lying around your house, you might want to consider selling it to car scrap companies. Recycling a car has lot of benefits you might be unaware of. These benefits are as follows:
- Recycling a car saves a lot of energy as well as natural resources and protects the environment.
- Selling car online and meeting with the potential buyers can be frustrating. Car companies buy cars directly from you without you having to do anything.
- Professional companies provide good cash for unwanted cars.
- The huge advantage of selling your car to scrap car companies is that they tow away your vehicle for free.
- Experts buy all kinds of vehicles, even unregistered or damaged ones.
Selling your old, unwanted cars is always a good idea because it not only gets you cash but also protects the environment. You can either sell them online or save your time and efforts by selling them to scrap car companies.