No matter whether you want to improve your driving skills or reduce points on your license after getting a ticket, a defensive driving course can come handy. The requirements and norms of defensive driving courses vary by state, and in some states, including Florida and Texas, you can complete the course online.
Before you check for safety driving course online, below are some of the aspects you need to check.
- First things first, select the course provider with care. Many courses available online are not approved by the state and court, and therefore, you won’t get the benefits that you would be expecting. Check the review of the course provider and find the ratings from other drivers. The provider should offer the shortest course as allowed by the state laws at the right price.
- One of the main benefits of online driving courses is the flexibility of learning at your own pace, and as such, it is important to check if the concerned course is smart device and tablet friendly. The course provider should mention this aspect on their website, and in case there is any issue with the device, they must offer support for further access.
- You should be able to access the course from different computers and devices as needed, and the course should track your progress. So, if you have left the course at a singular point, you should be able to log back and start again from the same point. Since we are talking about online learning, the course should be 100% virtual.
- Check about getting your Certificate of Completion too. In some states, the laws allow drivers to complete their course and download the certificate, but in others, the concerned provider will mail the same in next two weeks. Do take a look at the options, and if sending by mail is a must, you can get additional quick delivery for an extra fee with some providers.
- You should also find more about the kind of learning support offered by the course provider. Apart from the basic technical support, you can expect to get assistance from licensed instructors too. Some course providers have 24/7 support for all drivers via phone and email.
Finally, do ask specifically if the course is approved for traffic ticket dismissal and insurance benefits. The insurance benefits depend on your insurance provider and not the website offering the course. Find more online and don’t forget to check the course prices.